Transparency is a key to effective representation. Leaders who hide their views from their constituents foster mistrust.
As your Congressman, I will hold quarterly public forums. I will prioritize scheduling meetings with citizens who want to express their concerns about issues affecting them. To the extent possible, I will inform you about my policy positions before I have to cast a vote.
I will also hold elected officials and corporations accountable when they break the rules, violating public trust. No one is above the law.
I will fight against
- Legislation created in secret committees and rushed to a vote
- Refusal to listen to opposing views from constituents
I will fight for
- Availability to constituents, whether in forums or in my own office
- Absolute transparency in government operations where national security is not compromised
- Open debate on the House floor of all issues well before votes are taken